Polydextrose is a low calorie, sugar free, low glycemic, speciality carbohydrate that is prebiotic and widely recognized as Dietary fiber. It offers a range of physiological and functional benefits. Approved for use in over 50 countries, food manufacturers can rely upon Polydextrose in the formulation of low calorie, sugar free, reduced sugar, low fat foods and beverages. Polydextrose can also lower glycemic response while adding fiber to all kinds of processed foods. Polydextrose is a multi-functional ingredient with a wide variety of applications, including baked goods, dairy
Products, nutrition bars, cereals, beverages, confections, chocolate, yoghurt, salad dressings, among many others. Polydextrose is a polysaccharide composed of randomly cross-linked glucose and have 1 kcal/g Calories.
Product Name: Polydextrose
Chemical Name: (2S,3R,4S,5S,6R)-6-[[(3R,4S,5S,6R)-3,4,5-trihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)oxan-2-yl]oxymethyl]oxane-2,3,4,5-tetrol
CAS no.: 68424-04-4
- Polydextrose has very Low Calories, 1 kcal/g, perfect ingredient for the formulation of reduced calorie food.
- Polydextrose replaces sugar, glucose syrups and fat while improving flavour, texture and mouth-feel in a variety of applications.
- Polydextrose is recognized as a dietary fiber in many major countries.
- Polydextrose stimulates Lactobacillus and Bifido bacteria.
- Polydextrose sustained fermentation throughout the colon, acting as a Prebiotic for Digestive Health
- Polydextrose is highly soluble, allows preparation of syrups.
- Polydextrose is Taste masking properties help minimize off-notes caused by intense sweeteners, vitamins, minerals, soy and other supplements.
Polydextrose is available in different grades;
- Fine Powder
- Coarse Powder
- Beverages and Beverage Mixes
- Carbonated beverages
- Non-carbonated beverages
- Hard and Soft Candy
- Jams and Jellies
- Chewable candy and tablet
- Coffee and Tea
- Dairy Products
- Processed Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Processed Vegetables and Vegetable Juices
- Confections and Frostings
- Nutritional & Dietary Products
- Table-top sweeteners
- Chewing gum
- Dry-mix products
- Fruit spreads
- Frozen desserts
- Salad dressing