Monk fruit extract
Van Wankum Ingredients is a full service ingredients provider for many different clients in the Food & Beverage, Cosmetics, Pharmaceutical and Health industries. We offer high quality ingredients and additives.
Our services include sampling, cost efficient logistics, quality documents and consulting. Our team of commercial, logistic, and financial experts, and food technologists share more than 30 years of professional experience worldwide and are committed to satisfying customers’ needs.
What is Monk Fruit?
Monk Fruit is a small sub-tropical melon that grows in the remote mountains of Southern China. It is also known as Luo Han Guo. The fruit has a delicious sweet taste. Even though you can eat the fruit itself as a delicious snack, the fruit is often used for its extract. Monk Fruit extract is used as an ingredient for Traditional Chinese Medicine, and as a natural sweetener for a variety of foods and beverages. The Monk Fruit extract can be used as juice concentrate or powder. The Monk Fruit extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar.
Benefits of Monk Fruit
Monk Fruit extract is an important ingredient for Traditional Chinese Medicine. The extract of the sub-tropical melon is used to cure diseases such as high blood pressure, pulmonary tuberculosis, asthma, gastritis, whooping cough, acute & chronic tracheitis, and acute & chronic tonsillitis. The Monk Fruit, also known as Luo Han Guo, can be used for both therapeutic and health products.
We listed some of the benefits of choosing Monk Fruit extract as a natural sweetener to substitute sugar.
- Monk Fruit extract is up to 300 times sweeter than sugar
- Monk Fruit extract contains important antioxidants
- Monk fruit extract has a zero glycemic index
- Monk Fruit extract contains no calories
- Monk Fruit extract is 100% natural
- Monk Fruit extract does not cause dental issues such as cavities
- Monk Fruit extract can be consumed safely by diabetics
- Monk Fruit extract can be used to cure diseases such as high blood pressure, asthma, whooping cough, and other
Available varieties of Monk Fruit:
- 80% Mogrosides/ 25% Mogroside V
- 90% Mogrosides/30% Mogroside V (Yellow Powder)
- 90% Mogrosides/30% Mogroside V (White Powder)
- 40% Mogroside V (Yellow Powder)
- 40% Mogroside V HPLC (White Powder)
- 50% Mogroside V HPLC
- Kosher/Halal certified
Monk Fruit applications
- Beverages and Beverage Mixes
- Carbonated beverages
- Non-carbonated beverages
- Hard and Soft Candy
- Jams and Jellies
- Chewable candy and tablet
- Dairy Products
- Processed Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Processed Vegetables and Vegetable Juices
- Confections and Frostings
- Nutritional & Dietary Products
- Table-top sweeteners
- Processed fruit
- Chewing gum
- Dry-mix products
- Fruit spreads
- Frozen desserts
- Salad dressings
- Flavour Enhancers
Van Wankum Ingredients
Van Wankum Ingredients is always looking for environment friendly and “green” opportunities for its products and principles. We stand for long-term relationships with our clients and high quality service. Would you like more information about Monk Fruit extract or would you like to request a sample of Monk Fruit? Please do not hesitate to contact us.