Monk Fruit benefits
Van Wankum Ingredients is a full service ingredients provider for many different clients in the Food & Beverage, Cosmetics, Pharmaceutical and Health industries. We offer high quality ingredients and additives.
Our services include sampling, cost efficient logistics, quality documents and consulting. Our team of commercial, logistic, and financial experts, and food technologists share more than 30 years of professional experience worldwide and are committed to satisfying customers’ needs.
What is Monk Fruit?
Monk Fruit is cultivated in the remote mountains of Southern China. The small sub-tropical melon is also known as Luo Han Guo. According to legend, the name Monk Fruit comes from the Buddhist monks who first cultivated the fruit, nearly 800 years ago. The extract of this Chinese fruit is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and can be used as a low-calorie sweetener.
Benefits of Monk Fruit
Monk Fruit is an important ingredient for Traditional Chinese Medicine and is used to cure diseases such as high blood pressure, pulmonary tuberculosis, asthma, gastritis, whooping cough, acute & chronic tracheitis, and acute & chronic tonsillitis. Monk Fruit can be used for both therapeutic and health products.
There are many reasons to choose Monk Fruit as a natural sweetener to substitute sugar. We list some of the benefits:
- Monk Fruit is up to 300 times sweeter than sugar
- Monk Fruit contains important antioxidants
- Monk fruit has a zero glycemic index
- Monk Fruit contains zero calories
- Monk Fruit is a natural product
- Monk Fruit does not cause dental cavities
- Monk Fruit is safe to be consumed by diabetics
- Monk Fruit can be used to cure diseases such as high blood pressure, asthma, whooping cough, and other
Available varieties in Monk Fruit:
- 80% Mogrosides/ 25% Mogroside V
- 90% Mogrosides/30% Mogroside V (Yellow Powder)
- 90% Mogrosides/30% Mogroside V (White Powder)
- 40% Mogroside V (Yellow Powder)
- 40% Mogroside V HPLC (White Powder)
- 50% Mogroside V HPLC
- Kosher/Halal certified
Monk Fruit applications
- Beverages and Beverage Mixes
- Carbonated beverages
- Non-carbonated beverages
- Hard and Soft Candy
- Jams and Jellies
- Chewable candy and tablet
- Dairy Products
- Processed Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Processed Vegetables and Vegetable Juices
- Confections and Frostings
- Nutritional & Dietary Products
- Table-top sweeteners
- Processed fruit
- Chewing gum
- Dry-mix products
- Fruit spreads
- Frozen desserts
- Salad dressings
- Flavour Enhancers
Van Wankum Ingredients
Van Wankum Ingredients is always looking for environment friendly and “green” opportunities for its products and principles. We stand for long-term relationships with our clients and high quality service. Would you like more information about Monk Fruit benefits or would you like to request a sample of Monk Fruit? Please do not hesitate to contact us.