Luo Han Guo/ Monk Fruit Extract
The Luo Han Guo plant is cultivated for its fruit, whose extract is nearly 300 times sweeter than sugar and has been used as a low-calorie sweetener. The sweet taste of the fruit comes mainly from mogrosides, a group of triterpene glycosides that make up about 1% of the flesh of the fresh fruit.Through solvent extraction, a powder containing 80% mogrosides can be obtained, the main one being mogroside-5 (esgoside). It is used for Traditional Chinese medicine and applies to cure disease, such as high blood pressure, pulmonary tuberculosis, asthma, gastritis, whooping cough, acute & chronic tracheitis and acute & chronic tonsillitis, etc. Luo Han Guo fruit and its extract are dual-use in therapeutic and health products. At present, Luo Han Guo is allowed to use as a food additive in these countries: Japan, Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Europea, USA (GRAS Approved) , Australia and China, etc.
Product Name : Luo Han Guo Extract(Monk Fruit Extract
Other Name: Monk Fruit Extract
Botanical Name: Momordica Grosvenori Swingle
Part of Used: Fruit
Active Ingredient: Mogroside V
Mol. Formula: C60H102O29
Luo Han Guo Characters:
• Luo Han Guo is up to 300 times sweeter than sugar.
• Luo Han Guo is used as a flavor enhancer in foods and beverages
• Luo Han Guo contains important antioxidants.
• Luo Han Guo has a zero glycemic index
• Luo Han Guo contains no calories.
• Luo Han Guo is a natural product.
• Luo Han Guo does not promote dental cavities.
• Luo Han Guo is safe for consumption by diabetics
Luo Han Guo is available in different grades:
· 80% Mogrosides/ 25% Mogroside V
· 90% Mogrosides/30% Mogroside V (Yellow Powder)
· 90% Mogrosides/30% Mogroside V (White Powder)
· 40% Mogroside V (Yellow Powder)
· 40% Mogroside V HPLC (White Powder)
· 50% Mogroside V HPLC
· Kosher/Halal certified
Luo Han Guo Applications:
· Beverages and Beverage Mixes
· Carbonated beverages
· Non-carbonated beverages
· Hard and Soft Candy
· Jams and Jellies
· Chewable candy and tablet
· Dairy Products
· Processed Fruits and Fruit Juices
· Processed Vegetables and Vegetable Juices
· Confections and Frostings
· Nutritional & Dietary Products
· Table-top sweeteners
· Processed fruit
· Chewing gum
· Dry-mix products
· Fruit spreads
· Frozen desserts
· Salad dressing
· Flavour Enhancers