Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol/polyol approved for use as a food additive across the world. Erythritol is almost 70% as sweet as sugar and used as a bulk sweetener. Erythritol discovered in 1848 and it occurs naturally in some fruit and fermented foods. Erythritol’s flavor profile is very similar to sugar. It is non-cariogenic and has the highest digestive tolerance of the polyols. Since it is natural, it does not cause any side effects and tastes almost exactly like sugar without the calories.
Product Name: Erythritol
Chemical Name: (2R,3S)-Butane-1,2,3,4-tetrol
CAS no.: 149-32-6
- Erythritol has very Low Calories, 0,2 kcal/g, perfect ingredient for the formulation of reduced calorie food.
- Erythritol is Tooth friendly.
- Erythritol replaces sugar, glucose syrups and fat while improving flavour, texture and mouth-feel in a variety of applications.
- Erythritol have a high digestive tolerance.
- Erythritol have taste masking properties to help minimize off-notes caused by intense sweeteners, vitamins, minerals, soy and other supplements.
Erythritol is available in different grades;
- Beverages and Beverage Mixes
- Carbonated beverages
- Non-carbonated beverages
- Hard and Soft Candy
- Jams and Jellies
- Chewable candy and tablet
- Dairy Products
- Confections and Frostings
- Nutritional & Dietary Products
- Table-top sweeteners
- Chewing gum
- Dry-mix products
- Frozen desserts