Acesulfame potassium also known as acesulfame K (K is the symbol for potassium) or Ace K, is a calorie-free sugar substitute. In the European Union, it is known under the E number E950. Acesulfame K is often blended with other sweeteners (usually sucralose or aspartame).
Product Name: Acesulfame potassium / Acesulfame K / Ace-K
Chemical Name: Potassium 6-methyl-2,2-dioxo-2H-1,2λ6,3-oxathiazin-4-olate
CAS No.: 55589-62-3
EC No.: 259-715-3
Acesulfame K Characters:
- Acesulfame K is around 200 times sweeter than sugar.
- Acesulfame K does not promote dental cavities.
- Acesulfame K is Excellent to combine with Aspartame, Stevia and Sucralose.
- Acesulfame K contains no calories.
- Acesulfame K is soluble in water.
- Acesulfame K is safe for consumption by diabetics as non- diabetics.
- Acesulfame K is heat Stable.
Acesulfame K is available in different grades;
Acesulfame K Applications:
- Beverages and Beverage Mixes
- Carbonated beverages
- Non-carbonated beverages
- Hard and Soft Candy
- Jams and Jellies
- Chewable candy and tablet
- Coffee and Tea
- Dairy Products
- Processed Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Processed Vegetables and Vegetable Juices
- Confections and Frostings
- Nutritional & Dietary Products
- Table-top sweeteners
- Chewing gum
- Dry-mix products
- Fruit spreads
- Frozen desserts
- Salad dressing